Woven through the storm clouds, God threads moments of sunlight. Rays that splinter the darkness, calm the anxious heart, refresh us with rest, and touch our spirits with His Joy. This week the Master’s golden threads were interlaced abundantly throughout my life. Praise God for His glorious touches of Joy and His mercies.
763) flowers from a friend to say she cares and that she is praying
764) cards that arrive daily from friends reminding me that I am loved
765) a visit from my friend whose love, encouragement, wisdom and laughter has graced my life for more than 40 years. Sent straight from the Lord at just the right time, I was blessed to have her and her hubby in our home for four days~resting, sharing, breaking bread together, and, of course, shopping~just a little.
766) learning to submit to hubby all over again. The Lord has given him wisdom I often fail to recognize. Life-giving blessings flow when I let him lead.
767) comfy throws from the wicker hamper wrapped snugly round friend and me~they say “Old Friends Are the Best”
777) popcorn shared between friends as we watch a lighthearted movie rented from the grocery store
778) individual ice cream servings in assorted flavors~one to please every sweet-tooth in the house~Butterfinger was mine
779) a phone call from youngest before 9 a.m. to just check in and see how his Mom was doing. Heart touched.
780) a visit from youngest~time to talk a little, not too much~just mostly enjoy each other’s company
781) a newborn baby to hold and love~fresh from the heart of God. It provided a mini family reunion on hubby’s side with a cousin visiting from Minnesota to see her new granddaughter and daughter and husband who live here. Grandson also joined in the fun and so did older daughter (not pictured below) Joy all around.
782) In Christ, I’ve found forgiveness~not just for my sins but for my anxieties and lack of trust
783) In Christ, I’m finding healing that began with a healing service and an anointing
784) In Christ, I’m finding strength to make it through each new day
785) Beth Moore Bible Study on James~Mercy Triumphs~such beautiful words!
785) so thankful for the end of day and a peaceful night’s rest when it comes
“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.” Psalm 18:16-18 NIV
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It means so much to me and helps me fight the battle.